Accounts Payable Representative :-
- Team: Finance & Treasury
- Location: Holborn.
- County: Central London.
- Starting salary (depending on your level of experience) from circa: £23,000
- Ref: 11595
- Closing Date: 31-Dec-2020
Are you ready to explore your potential and make an impact within the world of Finance? Do you wow your colleagues and customers with quick and accurate resolutions? Do you want to work within a busy and ever changing working environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Our Accounts Payable team have an extremely important responsibility in making sure that all suppliers and colleagues get paid on time and accurately. They make sure that postings are inputted correctly to help other finance teams with their analysis and financial control obligations. As an Accounts Payable Representative you will take ownership of certain supplier’s accounts and make sure all invoices are coded and processed correctly so that we can continue to create fans out of all colleagues and customers.
So what would you be doing?…
• Entering data and inputting invoices into our ledger system CODA • Documenting all processed invoices and reviewing storage for archiving • Addressing workflow alerts and making the necessary corrections • Seeking out process improvements within your role and the wider team • Preparing journals to help with our monthly close process• Maintaining the CODA workflow report on a weekly basis • Developing relationships with our suppliers to create smooth payment timelines.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow • Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
- We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders• You will be a proficient user of both Microsoft Excel and Word• Naturally, you will be a great relationship builder and will be comfortable resolving queries for suppliers and a variety of colleagues across the Bank • Being ready to learn and having a keen interest in Finance and Accounting will drive you to develop in this role • Excellent time management and attention to detail is key – this role involves processing lots of customer information to a deadline • If you have any knowledge of CODA that would be fantastic however this is not a necessity
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!