Data & Applied Scientist 2
Vancouver, BC, Canada Jobs.
The WebXT organization in Microsoft encompasses Bing, Edge Browser and Microsoft Content services used by nearly a billion users across the Globe monthly. Drive is staple to how we run the business in WebXT and there’s immense thirst from engineering, data science, business development and partners across Microsoft to have their data insight questions answered in a fast, accurate and easily digestible fashion. If you seek opportunity to make direct business impact in major AI driven products in Microsoft, come and join the fast-growing Bing Metrics and Insights team as a Data Scientist.
Do you want to own all the core foundational metrics on which Bing is built upon and relies on for smooth functioning? Does taking the Bing instrumentation framework to the next phase of its evolution something that interests you. Does analyzing peta bytes of data to generate insights that will maintain platform stability and help shape the future of a product that is used by half a billion users monthly something that appeals you? Then this role is for you.
This job requires solid technical, leadership and communication skills. We are looking for a strong data scientist who is hands-on, self-driven and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with direct product focus. You will extract actionable insights from peta bytes of data through data analysis and tell a story through data visualization that will drive enhancement and development of Bing. You will help design and monitor org wide metrics across product, telemetry, data pipelines and large data sets.
- Build a holistic understanding of product, data infrastructure, instrumentation, and core metrics for Bing.
- Gain expertise, document and be the go-to person for all the core fundamental metrics of Bing.
- Own monitoring and investigation around core metrics change and drive stability of the Bing platform.
- Drive new ways of instrumenting and measuring the product as needed. Evolve Bing instrumentation framework.
- Big data analysis to generate insights to help shape future product development and maintain platform stability.
- Communicating and articulating insights, storytelling with data and influencing key decision makers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics or other quant focused field.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in Data Science, Analytics or Software Engineering field.
- 3+ years of experience with experimentation, metric design, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis, and other areas of data science
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets or doing large scale quantitative analysis
- Proficiency of SQL scripting required
- Proficiency using one or more programming or scripting language like Python, R, C# to work with data
- Solid understanding of math/statistics and data science fundamentals
- Experience working on Data infrastructure and instrumentation
- Experience with live site monitoring and DRI
- Familiarity with search engines and online services.
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve
- Self-motivated, agile and driven to think out-of-the-box.