Media Manager, Canada.
Jobs in Canada.
Posted: 4 Mar 2021
Weekly Hours: 37.5
The role of the Marketing Communications group (Marcom) at Apple is to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals. As we continue to grow our business in Canada, we are seeking an expert media/creative production professional to provide strategic, communications and executional leadership across all advertising communications.
As a Media Manager you will have an understanding of media nuances and creative best practices in order to help drive strategy and measure success. You will be responsible for contributing to media planning, creative production, and evaluation of our campaigns.
This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with very strong communication skills. You should be a strong strategic thinker, capable of seeing the bigger picture and orchestrating projects to that end. This role requires you to constantly challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of communicating both internally and externally.
• Relevant, demonstrable advertising experience in either a media agency, creative agency, or client side working for global brands (8YOE).
• Outstanding media knowledge across all mediums, with a good understanding of current and future media trends with previous experience in performance media.
• Experience in taking media results and translating them into insights to inform future campaigns or inform communication in other Marcom functional areas.
• You are able to judge creative media thinking and to understand Apple’s media principles and guidelines, in order to give constructive feedback to the agency.
• You think strategically, and navigate comfortably to ensure alignment with brand strategy.
• You can inventively problem solve and organize information at a high level to address potential roadblocks and define the best way forward with meticulous attention to detail.
• Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills. You are at ease building rapport, credibility and influence with multiple partners working in a dynamic, highly matrixed organization that spans local and global relationships.
• You are resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy, a positive attitude, and the ability to flourish in a team environment.
• Your ability to review French creative/copy will be an asset.
- This Media Manager role uniquely combines both media and creative expertise. When both are in lockstep, campaign creative can be optimized based on best practices for the platform and for specific marketing objectives.
- Work closely with the media agency, assessing and evaluating media plans, to ensure a strong and effective presence for the brand across all media channels.
- Partner with Marcom and agency analytics teams to ensure proper reporting plans are communicated.
- Ongoing management of day-to-day campaign deployment; ensuring quality control of how and where we show.
- Lead all aspects of campaign execution: from specs, screen grabs, delivery checks, optimization, reporting, post-campaign analysis, ad-hoc requests to monitoring all the changes in the media plans.
- Be a specialist in digital media and continue to explore how Apple can reach new audiences via social and digital. Continually keeping Marcom functional leadership abreast of creative media innovation.
- Scrutinize all media investment across channels, rigorously ensuring that plans and estimates are reflected accurately in the financial process with our media agency.
- Regularly evaluate our media approaches, identifying and testing new opportunities to expand our presence across new platforms and formats.
- Ensure that work created by the Worldwide Advertising team can be effectively localized; monitor issues such as cultural relevance and market priorities.
- Present opportunities of how advertising campaigns can be amplified based on media opportunities, market priorities and cultural insights.
- Follow industry trends and competitor activity.