University Health Network
Greater Toronto Area, ON
$17 an hour – Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Casual.
Resident Support Aide
Do you love to help people and are interested in working in the health care sector? Then consider a position as a Resident Support Aide in a long-term care home. Opportunities are available in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
If you have experience working in retail, hospitality, an administrative role or are a student in training, then a position as a Resident Support Aide could be for you. Resident Support Aides are trained and deployed to work in long-term care homes to help residents with their daily activities such as:
- Providing routine tasks that support residents with their daily activities, including:
· Assisting at meal times and during nutritional breaks by helping with set up, delivery and service to residents in the dining room, in their rooms or in activity areas;
· Guiding residents to and from their rooms and throughout the home to activities and to promote a positive resident experience; and
· Assisting residents with devices (cell phones/tablets) to enable residents to communicate with their families and friends.
- Providing residents with comfort and sense of purpose, including:
· Greeting residents, families and visitors in a positive and supportive manner, requesting if they need assistance of any kind; and
· Providing companionship to residents while reflecting the preferences of the resident.
- Communicating with and supporting the care team by:
· Checking equipment and restocking unit supplies, reporting issues to the supervisor;
· Assisting as appropriate with team members who are transferring or positioning residents;
· Completing assigned clerical tasks;
· Assisting in set up of resident activities and programs; and
· Participating in care team meetings as appropriate.
What do you need to qualify?
· Successful completion of two years of secondary school (minimum grade 10)
· Must have completed RSA online training program (provided free of charge)
· Must complete online health system and LTC sector orientation modules
· Must complete in-house training before commencing duties
Skills & Abilities:
· Must have good judgment and interpersonal skills
· Must be able to observe residents and any behavioural changes which may require a call for care assistance
· Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents
· Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitor and others
Successful applicants would be hired as temporary casual employees, at a rate of $17/hour.
If this job sounds like it would be a good fit for you, please apply via the link.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $17.00 per hour
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Support Care: 1 year (preferred)
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place