Software Engineer – Vancouver Jobs – Canada Jobs
Coinbase = Anywhere.
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is seeking experienced backend engineers to join our team to build out the next generation of crypto-forward products and features. You will solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems, bridging the constraints posed by web-scale applications and blockchain technology. You will help build the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe, operating real-time applications with high frequency, low latency updates, and managing the most secure, dockerized infrastructure running in the cloud.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang.
• Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices.
• Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems and the teams running them.
• Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
• Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
What We Look For In You
• You have at least 2 years of experience in software engineering.
• You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
• You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
• You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
Nice To Haves
• You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size).
• Experience with growth experiments or A/B testing frameworks.
• You have experience with Blockchain technology (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum etc..)
• You have experience decomposing a large monolith into microservices.
• You’ve worked with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or DynamoDB.
• You’ve built financial, high reliability or security systems.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.